B&B Kendal Tariff (Limited Saver ‘Room-only’ rates available if you are in a hurry and prefer to skip breakfast).
Standard en-suite room incl. breakfast at £85 per room per night.
Superior en-suite room incl. breakfast at £90 per room per night.
Sonata Guest House, Kendal adopts dynamic pricing and the price of our rooms fluctuates based on demand. When you make a reservation request, we’ll give you a total price for the room(s), breakfast and number of nights you’ve requested. The price you pay is the price quoted to you at the time you make your reservation. Room prices are per room, per night. We are not VAT registered, so do not charge VAT. We accept MasterCard/Visa or Cash with ID only.
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept children younger than 12 years. Children older than 12 years are welcome.
Unfortunately, we don’t allow pets to stay at the Sonata – ideal if like us, you suffer from pet allergies. You may wish to consider Flatt Farm Boarding Kennels or Grass Garth Boarding Kennels 15-20 minutes’ drive away. Alternatively, bigger hotels in Kendal may accept pets.
You can now also give the gift of something really rather special – gift vouchers.
Our Best Price Guarantee: If you book on this website or by calling t. 01539 732290 you are guaranteed the best price. If you find a lower rate for the same Sonata Guesthouse booking on another website – we match this rate and add a 5% reduction. Book anywhere else and you’ll overpay. Book now. Pay only when you stay! Free cancellations up to 7 days before arrival (or 14 days in case of a group booking i.e. 3 rooms or more).
Many travel sites charge a hidden booking fee. Simply, make your reservations directly with us and you’ll never pay a booking fee. Call 01539 732290 or book on this website. No Booking Fee – No Commission – Secure Booking. We normally only ask for your payment card details so that we can guarantee your booking, you will be asked to pay for your stay on arrival and may pay with a different card or cash if you wish.
We accept cash and debit and credit Visa/Mastercards. If you require an invoice please ask. Please note that there is NO surcharge for debit or credit card payments.
INCLUDED in your price:
- Free of Charge WIFI throughout the Sonata Bed and Breakfast public areas and bedrooms (Sonata Wi-Fi is provided free of charge and we make no guarantee that it will be uninterrupted or error free, As of the 22/04/17 our download speed was 11.27Mbps and upload 0.99 Mbps in a cabled connection, less via the room Wifi.)
- One (1) free parking permit for each room which allow on-street parking 24/7 for one (1) car per room. Whilst we cannot guarantee parking, throughout last year every guest found parking, even during festival time – just not always immediately outside, but usually within a minutes walk. There are on-street parking bays all the way along Burneside road and side roads (please note parallel parking between cars may be required). The next side road ‘Busher Walk’ has plenty of areas with no lines and is therefore also safe to park at any time. So you can wake up late or wander in town, without having to rush back to the car! Note – There is no parking for motorcycles. Sorry, but we have no secure cycle storage. *Current guest parking permits expire 30 Oct 2017. Parking arrangements thereafter are yet to be advised by the local Council.
- Free pool/sauna/steam/gym pass (passes are limited and therefore not available to on-line bookings)
- Breakfast is served between 7.30-09.30 am. Breakfast is cooked fresh, to order; this does however mean that we must take breakfast timings from guests, booking each room a table i.e. 7.30/8.00/8.30/9.00/9.30am so we have time to cook. If you have any preferred time, please let us know.
- Dental kits, shaving kits, combs and Iron/ironing board available when requested
- Separate guest lounge with weekend newspapers and television. Although there are no cooking or washing up facilities, crockery and cutlery in the dining room is provided for takeaway food and we do the washing up for you!
- Sonata B&B Kendal is ‘no-smoking’
- Unfortunately, we don’t allow pets to stay at the Sonata – ideal if like us, you suffer from pet allergies.You may wish to consider Flatt Farm Boarding Kennels or Grass Garth Boarding Kennels 15-20 minutes’ drive away. Alternatively, bigger hotels in Kendal may accept pets.
Other optional extras:
- Packed Lunches (£6 extra – please request prior to arrival)
- If you are celebrating a special occasion, let us know if you would like us to arrange flowers, chocolates, wine or champagne in your room. Please contact us for prices.
Special SPA Day Pass for telephone bookings only:
Call to Book t. 01539 732290 and reserve a pass (passes are limited and therefore not available to on-line bookings).The Sonata B&B offers guests free use of the Kendal Sanctuary located within the Riverside Hotel Kendal, which is a short 10 minute walk away. Usual facilities include a small 10m swimming pool (1.35m deep), a spa pool with relaxing bubbles and water jets, a steam room and sauna as well as a fitness suite with treadmills, bikes, rowers and cross trainers and a small free weight area. The normal opening times are M-Thurs 7am-10pm, Fri 7am-9pm and weekends 8am-8pm. So use the pass for the Kendal Sanctuary at the Riverside Hotel to escape the rain or to maintain your routine, either way it’s something we are delighted to offer guests.
Arrival and Departure
Bedrooms are usually ready for occupation by 3 pm on your day of arrival. Keys and parking permit will be available earlier if you wish to drop off your luggage and car to make the most of your first day in Kendal. We kindly ask that rooms are vacated by 11 am on the day of departure.
Did this website answer your question? If not tell us – help us improve.
Sonata Guest House, 19 Burneside Road, Kendal, Cumbria LA9 4RL